Readers, readers, I've neglected you. Life has been too full of road trips and popsicles, pool visits and evenings on the porch. And in the spirit of full disclosure, I'm finishing up copy edits on a book manuscript. So life is busy. I could have blogged about so many things, including:
1) Martin's recent insistence that he is Jewish;
2) The worst meltdown of 2010 that occurred in the parking lot outside a public swimming pool - a fit followed by a day of bliss in the waters;
3) A visit to Martin's hometown - Durham, NC - where all the folks who showered love on him as a baby got to shower it on him once again;
4) Picking gooseberries;
5) Ongoing impersonations of the Swedish Chef;
6) Martin's budding relationship with a stuffed duck and stuffed quail at the local children's museum, a partnership that involves cooking the birds fake food and giving them fake medical checkups;
7) Continued bickering (which is conversation, I'll admit) with little sister;
8) More bike riding;
9) Dramatic increase in fear of dogs; and
10) Martin's summer in which more and more people meet him and have no idea that he has social and verbal difficulties.
I could tell you a lot about all of these things, but I'm saving my words for the end of next week. On Friday morning, our family is scheduled to visit the White House. 5 more days until Martin's dream comes true. Turn up your Europe CD; it's the final countdown.
------Are you ready for the Summer?