Thursday, 19 April 2012
We want people to speak for themselves about Autism. Providing encouragement to others in similar situations.
This is also an opportunity for a message to be sent to the general public - providing a level of understanding about Autism that they may not have had before.
So, here's some ideas on what you could submit as a video response:
- What has Autism taught you?
- What are you doing to help others understand Autism more?
- What have you done to overcome stress on dealing with Autism?
- What encouraging message would you share with other families in similar situations?
(if a lot of people just introduced themselves and said, "My son/daughter has Autism (or I have Autism) - It's going to be OK - you are NOT alone", we think that would be GREAT!)
- Share anything about Autism to help others understand
In short, we want you to submit a video where you share anything Autism related. If you've already created a video, just submit it as a response on this youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/YouTalkAutism
Here's what we will be doing. We will combine submitted videos into a new video(s) - where you provide the voice on how we are all changing the discussion about Autism.
We don't know what the final outcome will be, but we do know that by all of us focusing on what we are ABLE to do as a community, we can tackle this puzzle we call Autism - together.